Saturday, February 14, 2015

Responsibility

Responsibility

Responsibility is the quality or state of being responsible, accountable or answerable. If called upon one must be able to answer for their acts or decisions and be able to choose between what is right and wrong. One must be reliable or trustworthy and able to fulfill any obligation that they may have. We are the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus for good works and given the responsibility to complete them during our life on earth. God chose us and appointed us to go forth and produce much fruit to His Glory. He has given us the word of truth and as workman we are expected to accurately handle it. We are responsible to invest wisely the talents and gifts given to us by Him.

My Prayer

Father, I pray that I will be found responsible for the talents that you entrusted to me and that I will be diligent to present myself to you as a workman who can accurately handle the word of truth and use it to accomplish your work. Lord, I pray that I will be careful in how I walk; that I will make the most of my time; that I will be careful to engage in good deeds looking out for the interest of others; that I will not neglect the spiritual gifts given to me; that I will not allow the root of bitterness to develop within me; that I will properly control what my mind dwells on; that I will love my neighbor as myself. Father, I pray that in Christ Jesus I will be found to be a righteous person that will take time to pray effectively so that Christ can accomplish much through me for His glory.

Related Verses

“Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately” (2 Timothy 2:15 NET).

“For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them” (Ephesians 2:10 NET).

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that remains” (John 15:16a NET).

We have been given the responsibility to walk in a manner of the calling with which you have been called (Ephesians 4:1), to walk as children of light (Ephesians 4:8), to walk with integrity (Psalm 15:2), to walk in the light of the Lord (Isaiah 2:5), to walk humbly with God (Micah 6:8), to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4), to walk by faith not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7), and to love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:39).

“See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God, that no one be like a bitter root springing up and causing trouble, and through him many become defiled” (Hebrews 12:15 NET).

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if something is excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things” (Philippians 4:8 NET).

“The one who had received the five talents came and brought five more, saying, ‘Sir, you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.’ His master answered, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You have been faithful in a few things. I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master’” (Matthew 25:20 - 21 NET).

No comments:

Post a Comment