Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Faithfulness

Faithfulness

Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass (1 Thessalonians 5:24). Faithfulness is a character quality of God. He can be trusted to do what He says. As a result we can approach Him with confidence knowing that He will certainly fulfill His promise for our blessing, as well as His threats against sin. Faithfulness also applies to man. In Revelation 2:10, we are told to be faithful until death, and if we are we will be given the crown of life. Thus, being faithful is being firm in our adherence to the truth. We are to be constant in the performance of our duties or services; exact in attending the commands of our Lord as a faithful servant. One who is faithful is one worthy of confidence and belief and is seen as being loyal and having steadfast determination.

My Prayer

O Lord, you are my God, I will exalt Thee and I will give thanks to Thy name, for you have worked wonders with perfect faithfulness, from plans formed long ago. Lord, I will sing of your loving-kindness forever and to others I will make known your faithfulness. Thank you for calling me into fellowship with your Son, Jesus Christ my Lord, and in Him I pray that I will be faithful in my walk with you. Help me in my unfaithfulness so that I will be constant in the performance of my duties and services as your servant. In my faithfulness you have strengthened and protected me; you have not allowed me to be tempted beyond what I was able to endure. Lord, as you entrust your word to me I pray that I will effectively teach others to walk with you in faith. Lord, because of my love for you, I pray that I will remain faithful and obedient to you until death.

Related Verses

“God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord” (1 Corinthians 1:9 ESV).

“I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations” (Psalm 89:1 ESV).

“O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure” (Isaiah 25:1 ESV).

“He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it” (1 Thessalonians 5:24 ESV).

“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one” (2 Thessalonians 3:3 NET).

“I am grateful to the one who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he considered me faithful in putting me into ministry” (1 Timothy 1:12 NET).

“And entrust what you heard me say in the presence of many others as witnesses to faithful people who will be competent to teach others as well” (2 Timothy 2:2 NET).

“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful” (Hebrews 10:23 ESV).

“Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life” (Revelation 2:10 b ESV).

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law” (Galatians 5:22 - 23 NET).

No comments:

Post a Comment