Saturday, February 21, 2015

Protection

Protection

To protect is to shield or cover something from some form of injury or damage. It is to guard or defend; to preserve in safety. The substance, thing or person doing the protection is called the protector. Consider God as our protector as you look at the verses below.

My Prayer

Lord, I know that my adversary, the devil, prowls around looking for an opportunity to devour me, but as long as I humble myself under your mighty hand, be of sober spirit, be on the alert, resist him and walk with you in faith, I know that I will have protection. And when temptation comes I know that you will not allow me to be tempted beyond what I am able to endure and that you will also provide a way of escape. Lord, you are my strength, my rock and my fortress in whom I trust. You are my deliverer and in you I take refuge. You are my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Your faithfulness is a shield and a bulwark to me. You are my savior who saves me from violence. Rescue me, O Lord, from evil men. Preserve me from violent men. Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked. Lord, I call upon you who is worthy to be praised and I am saved from my enemies. Praise the Lord.

Related Verses

“The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble” (Psalm 9:9 ESV).

“For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me” (Psalm 31:3 ESV).

“I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; no one will snatch them from my hand” (John 10:28 NET).

“Protect me, O God, for I have taken shelter in you” (Psalm 16:1 NET).

“From this day forward I am he; no one can deliver from my power; I will act, and who can prevent it” (Isaiah 43:13 NET).

“He will shelter you with his wings; you will find safety under his wings. His faithfulness is like a shield or a protective wall” (Psalm 91:4 NET).

“He delivers me from my enemies; you snatch me away from those who attack me; you rescue me from violent men” (Psalm 18:48 NET).

“The Lord strengthens and protects me; I trust in him with all my heart. I am rescued and my heart is full of joy; I will sing to him in gratitude” (Psalm 28:7 NET).

“An evil person suffers much pain, but the Lord’s faithfulness overwhelms the one who trusts in him” (Psalm 32:10 NET).

“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Psalm 18:2 ESV).

“Our God is a God who delivers; the Lord, the sovereign Lord, can rescue from death” (Psalm 68:20 NET).

“I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I was delivered from my enemies” (2 Samuel 22:4 NET).

“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it” (1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment