Friday, February 20, 2015

Prayerfulness

Prayerfulness

To be prayerful is to be given too much prayer. It is a frame of mind, which according to 1 Thessalonians 5:17, one prays without ceasing. It is a lifestyle of keeping alert, with an attitude of thanksgiving, to the needs around us and to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to always be ready to pray. Our prayer can be either mental or vocal and either private or public. It is our means of addressing God for the purpose of adoring Him, confessing our sins, making request for ourselves and others, dedicating ourselves to Him, giving of thanks and asking for His blessing for ourselves and others. Prayer is an expression of our dependence on and relationship to God.

My Prayer

Father, I thank you for the privilege of prayer that I am able to communicate with the holy and living God of the universe and know that I am being heard. Thank you that I can confess my sin to you and then be forgiven and cleansed of all unrighteousness; that I can express my heart with words of praise and adoration; that I can bow before you in humility and meekness and offer words of dedication; that I can offer up words of thanks for knowing you and for all you have done for me; that I can make request for needs and ask for your blessing for myself and others. Lord, strengthen and encourage me to be alert, ready to stand in the gap, clothed with your righteousness, to fervently pray for the needs at hand. What an awesome privilege to pray and know that great power is being released from the throne of grace to work in the lives of people to glory of God. Lord, here am I, use me.

Related Verses

“But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matthew 5:44 ESV).
“Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Matthew 26:41 ESV).

“The prayer of a righteous person has great effectiveness” (James 5:16b NET).

“And whatever you ask in prayer, if you believe, you will receive” (Matthew 21:22 NET).

“For the culmination of all things is near. So be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of prayer” (1 Peter 4:7 NET).

“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you” (John 15:7 ESV).

” Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive it, so that your joy may be complete” (John 16:24 NET).

” But he must ask in faith without doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed around by the wind” (James 1:6 NET).

“And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him” (1 John 3:22 ESV).

“And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him” (1 John 5:14 – 15 NET).

No comments:

Post a Comment