Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Purity

Purity

Purity is a condition of being free from anything that is considered foreign. It is a state of being clean, such as a clean heart in which there is no guilt. It is a condition of being undefiled in which one is holy and innocent. It is freedom from improper thoughts, motives or words used. It is freedom from defects. Consider God. He is holy and righteous in the purest sense. He is light and in Him there is no darkness at all, no variation of light or shifting shadow. His light is pure light. Being created in His image, can he not expect the same of us? He tells us to be holy as he is holy and to hunger and thirst for righteousness. We are to walk as children of light and keep our light pure and bright by turning away from sin. This condition is possible for us only if we are spiritually alive in Christ.

My Prayer

Holy and righteous art Thou O Lord, holy and righteous art Thou. Praise to Thy name and glory to you. Holy and righteous art Thou. I will sing for joy in the Lord, I will explode in praise from deep within my soul; because you have clothed me with garments of salvation and have wrapped me with a robe of righteousness. Thank you for being faithful and righteous to forgive me of my sin and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord, as I walk along the pathway of life I pray that I will be able keep my hands clean, my heart pure, and my thoughts on that which is worthy. Lord, strengthen me to live a life of purity to your glory, creating in me a heart that is clean and pure and a spirit that is steadfast so that I may instruct others in love that is from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Thank you for allowing me to enjoy the light of your glory. I pray that your light in me would so shine that the world would see my good works and give glory and thanks to you my heavenly Father.

Related Verses

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God” (Matthew 5:8 ESV).

“But the aim of our instruction is love that comes from a pure heart, a good conscience, and a sincere faith” (1 Timothy 1:5 NET).

“He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully” (Psalm 24:4 ESV).

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if something is excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things” (Philippians 4:8 NET).

“So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart” (2 Timothy 2:22 ESV).

“Create for me a pure heart, O God! Renew a resolute spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10 NET)!

“This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1:5 ESV).

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change” (James 1:17 ESV).

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9 ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment